Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico, Las Vegas and more...we have much to lament as a nation.
What is lament? Lament is "a passionate expression of grief or sorrow".
While we firmly believe "the faithful love of the Lord never ends" Lamentations 3:22, we ALSO understand the importance of verses 1-21. In those verses we see some of the pain the writer is feeling. It is good to speak those things out loud, write them down, sing them and talk about them. God CAN HANDLE our pain and our questions! The following is an example of one way to lament based on Psalm 13, 22, 30 and 146 (there are many more).
- Start talking to God knowing that, even in times of deep despair, he is personal and accessible. ex. "MY God"
- Remember some of the ways you have already seen God work in your life. ex. "I remember when..."
- Bring your most intense questions to God. ex. "How could this happen?"
- Ask for something specific. ex. "deliver us...bring peace"
- Express hope, confidence and trust in God. ex. "The faithful love of the Lord never ends." Lamentations 3:22
Can we pray for you? Let us know.