Current employment opportunities
Position Description: Facilities Assistant
Primary Reporting: Facilities Director
Secondary Reporting: Lead Pastor
Location: Bremerton, Washington
This position will assist the Facilities Director in all duties and assignments. Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, janitorial services, landscape maintenance, and church security.
- This position is accountable to the Facilities Director
- This position works primarily with the Facilities Director
- This position will maintain an available spirit with members of the pastoral staff
- This person will be expected to be a team player
- This position will maintain a courteous attitude and congenial spirit toward church staff
Maintains cleanliness in the church:
- Vacuum carpets and steam clean as needed.
- Wash all windows including windowsills inside and outside.
- Maintain interior and exterior lights.
- Assist in set up/clean up before and after all church functions as directed.
- Clean, mop, strip and/or wax linoleum floors as needed/directed.
- Clean all toilets, urinals, sinks, counters, and wall fixtures.
- Check stock of all bathroom paper products.
- Clean/polish all wooden furniture and fixtures throughout the building.
- Spot clean doors, walls, and baseboards around church as needed.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness/preparedness of the kitchen.
- Manage and organize cleaning closet and request supplies when needed.
Maintain grounds around church:
- Mow and trim lawns to maintain neat appearance.
- Keep parking lot and sidewalks free of debris.
- Fertilize plants, trees and lawns as needed.
- Control weeds in flowerbeds and lawns as needed.
- Sheer and prune all shrubs and trees as needed.
- Water lawns and ornamental flowers and shrubs during the dry periods.
- Clear off the paved areas as needed with the air blower.
- Assist in monitoring physical security of church and outbuildings.
- Assist in maintaining all safety related equipment.
- Perform regular safety/security inspections.
- Log all safety/security discrepancies so follow-up can be made with responsible parties.
- Perform all components of the job description.
- This position is accountable to the Facilities Director (1st) and to the Executive Pastor (2nd). This accountability is maintained through regular personal connections with the Facilities Director and occasional personal connections with the Executive Pastor.
- Primary area of giftedness being in the area of service.
- Able to demonstrate a sense of mission in their commitment to Jesus Christ, to people and to professionalism.
- Possess the ability to organize, analyze, prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to exercise tact, discretion, judgment and patience in personal contacts.
- Demonstrate professionalism through appearance, attitude and allegiance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a team player.
- Able to work with and take direction from diverse staff and membership.
- Able to assist moving up to 500 lbs.
- Physically able to use stepladders and extension ladders.
- Physically able to maintain at least 20 hours of manual yard labor.
- Able to use motorized equipment.
- 20 hours per week (exact breakdown will vary depending on the needs of the church)
Part-Time, $11.50-$12.00 per hour depending upon experience