iMarriage-Week 2 -iForgive 4/30/17
Welcome to a New LifeGroup Session!
Before we jump into our study let's take a moment to remember...There are three things we want to see happen every time our LifeGroups gather.
- Movement towards Each Other
- Movement towards God
- Movement towards our Community
Our format is up that way. All of the questions and discussions are designed towards movement. We hope you enjoy your time together in your LifeGroup. ***Remember, our goal is to deepen our relationship with Jesus and each other. Use the questions that are helpful for your LifeGroup and skip the rest!
Current Series: iMarriage
A marriage will spin out of control when our perspective in our marriage is primarily on us. Don't have a marriage reality with a single's mentality.
Last Week: (accountability for the growth challenge last time we met)
If you are married: every day find one way to serve your spouse.
If you are single: every day find one way for you to serve a friends, neighbor, co-worker, etc.
Two weeks ago:
This week take some time to investigate perspective, peace and hope in your life. Where are you full? Give praise to God. Where are you lacking? Ask God to show you how He can fill you up?
Key Verse-Philippians 2:4
"Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."
Movement Towards Each Other (know the people in your group)
What is an award that you won as a child?
Movement Towards God (grow in your relationship with God)
- Name all of the "titles" that you currently hold? (i.e. husband, wife, boss, coworker...)
- Which one is most important?
- Which one do you care about the least?
- What are some of the "perks" that come with your titles?
- Have you ever been around someone that demanded something because of their title?
- How did people react to that?
- Read Philippians 2:5-7
- What are some of Jesus' titles?
- How could Jesus have leveraged His Titles with mankind?
- What did He chose to do instead? Why?
- How does that "mindset" (see verse 5) play out in marriage?
- Read verse 7 again.
- How doe someone "empty" themselves in the marriage relationship?
- What does the world say that you deserve or should get out of marriage?
- Is it the same for the man and the woman?
- Reach Matthew 22:39; 5:43-44
- What does it mean to be a servant in marriage?
- Isn't a servant just another word for "slave"?
- What is the difference?
- Is how I serve my spouse dependent on how they treat me? Explain.
- Read Philippians 2:3
- What are some examples of how you have seen this lived out is a marriage relationship?
- What are three ways I could apply this verse to my marriage/or I could apply to a friendship/coworker relationship this week?
Read Philippians 2:3-7 every day this week when you first wake up. Ask yourself each day, "What is one way that I can put (insert name) ahead of my own desires today?"
PRAY FOR YOUR PLUS ONE PEOPLE BY NAME
Key Verse-Philippians 2:4
"Let each of you look not only to his own interests , but also to the interests of others."