Welcome to a New LifeGroup Session!
Before we jump into our study let's take a moment to remember...there are three things we want to see happen every time our LifeGroups gather.
- Movement toward Each Other
- Movement toward God
- Movement toward our Community
Our format is up that way. All of the questions and discussions are designed toward movement. We hope you enjoy your time together in your LifeGroup.
***Remember, our goal is to deepen our relationship with Jesus and each other. Use the questions that are helpful for your LifeGroup and skip the rest!
Current Series: Just Like Sheep
God refers to us as sheep. It is not a compliment! Sheep are stubborn, smelly, and stupid...just like us. Join us as we take a 7-week journey through the most famous chapter in the Bible.
Last week: (accountability for the growth challenge last time we met)
Last Week: If married, be romantic this week. If you are single, find a marriage you admire and thank them for hanging in there.
Two weeks ago: Memorize Ephesians 4:32. Ask God if there is someone you need to forgive and/or ask someone to forgive you.
Key Verse - Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
Movement Toward Each Other (know the people in your group)
How much of Psalm 23 can you recite from memory?
Movement Toward God (grown in your relationship with God)
- Have you ever visited a farm?
- What was it like?
- What do you think would be the hardest part about taking care of animals?
- If you could farm one type of animal, what type would it be?
- Why do you think sheep get such a bad rap?
- Of all the animals God could use to describe us, why do you think He chose sheep?
- How are we like sheep?
- Read Psalm 23:1; Isaiah 40:11; John 10:11-16
- What are the qualities of a good shepherd?
- If that is what we need, why do we have such a difficult time following what is good for us?
- What are some of the qualities of a bad shepherd?
- What makes them seem good enough to follow?
- Is it possible to see down a bad path before you take a step in that direction? Explain.
- Read Psalm 23:1
- Sheep have a strong appetite. What are some of the things you "want"?
- Some of those things we listed are good things. What causes them to take us down the wrong path?
- Reach Philippians 4:19; Psalm 84:11
- What is the difference between a need and a want?
- How can you trust God to provide what you need when the watn is such a strong desire?
- Read John 10:3-4, 27
- What does it mean to "hear" the Shepherd's voice?
- How do you "listen" for HIs voice in your own life?
- The question this week was "who is your shepherd?". How do you know you are following the correct shepherd?
Memorize Psalm 23:1
Answer this question. Who is your shepherd? Will you allow yourself this week to wrestle with that question and ask God to show you any areas where He may not be leading your life?
PRAY FOR YOUR plusONE PEOPLE BY NAME
Key Verse - Psalm 23:1
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."