Just Like Sheep 5/28/17 Rest
Welcome to a New LifeGroup Session!
Before we jump into our study let's take a moment to remember...there are three things we want to see happen every time our LifeGroups gather.
- Movement toward Each Other
- Movement toward God
- Movement toward our Community
Our format is up that way. All of the questions and discussions are designed toward movement. We hope you enjoy your time together in your LifeGroup. ***Remember, our goal is to deepen our relationship with Jesus and each other. Use the questions that are helpful for your LifeGroup and skip the rest!
Current Series: Just Like Sheep
God refers to us as sheep. It is not a compliment! Sheep are stubborn, smelly and stupid...just like us. Join us as we take a 7-week journey through the most famous chapter in the Bible.
Last Week: (accountability for the growth challenge last time we met)
Last week: Memorize Psalm 23:1. Answer this question: Who is your shepherd? Will you allow yourself, this week, to wrestle with that question and ask God to show you any areas where He may not be leading your life?
Two weeks ago: If married, be romantic this week. If you are single, find a marriage you admire and thank them for hanging in there.
Key Verse - Psalm 23:2-3a "He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul."
Movement Toward Each Other (knowing the people in your group)
How much of Psalm 23 can you recite from memory?
Movement Toward God (grow in your relationship with God)
- What did you spend the most time doing last week?
- Would you consider yourself busy?
- Of the three "outs" mentioned on Sunday (maxed, stressed, burned), which one relates the most to you?
- What are some of the things that fill your schedule?
- If you could stop doing one thing on that list, what would it be?
- How would you describe a perfect, restful day?
- When is the last time you "rested"?
- What did you do?
- Read Psalm 23:2-3a
- What stresses you out?
- What are some ways that you handle stress?
- Why do you think there is a pattern in how the shepherd leads us to a "restored soul"?
- Read Psalm 46:10a
- When is the last time you had "silence" in your life?
- What is the biggest obstacle for you to have silence?
- What would an attempt at a "Day with the Lord" look like for you?
- Read Matthew 11:28-29
- What is rest for your soul?
- When is the last time you experienced something like that?
- Read Psalm 23:3b-6
- What comes after the rest?
- If the Shepherd knows the path, why do you think He leads us into moments of rest?
- What would some "rest" with the Shepherd look like for you this week?
- How can we encourage you to take it?
Find rest this week. Take 10 minutes of quiet.
PRAY FOR YOUR plusONE PEOPLE BY NAME
Key Verse - Psalm 23:2-3a
"He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul."