Just Like Sheep - Week 3 - Direction 6/4/17
Welcome to a New LifeGroup Session!
Before we jump into our study let's take a moment to remember...there are three things we want to see happen every time our LifeGroups gather.
- Movement toward Each Other
- Movement toward God
- Movement toward our Community
Our format is up that way. All of the questions and discussions are designed toward movement. We hope you enjoy your time together in your LifeGroup. ***Remember, our goal is to deepen our relationship with Jesus and each other. Use the questions that are helpful for your LifeGroup and skip the rest!
Current Series: Just Like Sheep
God refers to us as sheep. It is not a compliment! Sheep are stubborn, smelly, and stupid...just like us. Join us as we take a 7-week journey through the most famous chapter in the Bible.
Last Week: (accountability for the growth challenge last time we met)
Find rest this week. Take 10 minutes of quiet.
Two weeks ago:
Memorize Psalm 23:1. Answer this question. Who is your shepherd? Will you allow yourself, this week, to wrestle with that question and ask God to show you any areas where He may not be leading your life.
Key Verse - Psalm 23:3b "He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."
Movement Toward Each Other (know the people in your group)
This is the last time we will meet this session. Think about what has happened in your faith walk since January. What have been some cool moments for you so far this year?
Movement Towards God (grow in your relationship with God)
- Have you ever been lost?
- Are you a stop and ask directions or just figure it out kind of person?
- What are the advantages of your "position"?
- Would you say you have a good sense of direction?
- How does that work for you?
- Have you ever been lost and felt panicked, like maybe on a hike or out in the woods?
- Is there a difference than just being lost, say, in your car or walking around a city? Explain.
- When you are headed the wrong direction, what helps you find your way?
- Read Psalm 23:3b; Isaiah53:6
- What are some "life directions" that your parents or some other significant person in your life have given you?
- Have you ever been given bad directions?
- How do you know the difference?
- Read Isaiah 42:16; Psalm 9:10
- How would someone convince you to head in a different direction?
- What if they were right and you were wrong?
- What is the most difficult part of trusting God?
- Read Proverbs 3:5-6; John 10:3
- What is the difference between being led and pushed?
- Which method will God use?
- How can you be sure that you are listening/following the correct shepherd?
- What are some indicators you can use to make sure you are heading in the correct direction?
- Do you have some of those "indicators" we just listed in your life right now?
How can you stay connected to the people in your LifeGroup over our summer break?
PRAY FOR YOUR plusONE PEOPLE BY NAME
Key Verse - Psalm 23:2-3a
"He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul."